An Environmental NGO in Nigeria is currently seeking to recruit competent, committed, self-motivated and matured candidate for the above position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manages the business development and communications teams;
• Oversees fundraising campaigns to generate leads for the business development team;
• Earns media placement to position the Foundation as an expert in its discipline;
• Meet potential corporate and High Networth Individual (HNI) sponsors by growing, maintaining, and leveraging his/her network;
• Identify potential sponsors, and the decision makers within the sponsorship organization.
• Research and build relationships with new sponsors;
• Set up meetings between corporate decision makers and our experts;
• Plan approaches and pitches;
• Work with team to develop proposals that speak to the sponsor’s needs, concerns, and objectives; and
• Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
Expertise & Skills:
• Persistence, passion and knowledge of nature conservation as well as communication and people skills.
• Candidates must be individuals with sufficient business contacts, proven track records, passionate about achieving results and strategic/innovative in seeking for opportunities to grow the organisation.
• Understanding of the global nature conservation sector.
• Excellent research, analysis and report writing skills.
• At least five years business development experience, preferably with a minimum of three years in successful fundraising from the private sector and development agencies.
• Proven experience of working with Directors/senior management in the development of corporate partnerships and relationships with High Networth Individuals (HNI).
• Strong digital marketing/social media experience.
• Holder of at least a first degree or any relevant professional qualification, preferably in marketing, business or environmental sciences. A post graduate degree is an added advantage.
Method of Application:
The position being applied for should be in the subject column of the email.