Job Title: Wildlife Officer
Reporting to: Project Manager
Position type: Permanent
Competence requirements for the job (National Diploma in Conservation related field 2 Years’ Experience in Conservation related field)
Description of responsibilities/functions
1. To collate and analyze all relevant field data for the better management of the reserve.
2. Collect biodiversity and socio-economy data and undertake regular biological monitoring and evaluation of the reserve resources.
3. To assist in natural history interpretation of the LCC to enhance its eco-tourism potential.
4. Participate in biodiversity surveys organized by the project or the technical department.
5. Carry out natural history interpretation to enhance visitor/tourist use of the reserve.
6. Maintain the reserve infrastructures such as the nature trail, nature station observation towers bird hide, resting spots, etc. in good working conditions regularly
7. Assist researchers (e.g., students, lecturers, and institutions )conducting relevant studies in Lekki Conservation Center (LCC)
8. Conduct regular anti-poaching patrols (day and night) of the reserve.
9. Inventory properties of the project and ensure their maintenance and safety.
10. Submit daily patrol reports to the project manager.
11. Identify and develop a concept for project funding and support
12. Submit monthly and quarterly reports to the project manager
13. Any other duties that may be assigned
Application Deadline: 17th June 2019.