Job Title (Position):
Head, Media/Public Affairs
Media/Public Affairs Department
To supervise and manage the communications programmes and provide strategic direction for the programmes.
- To monitor news on conservation and environment in the print and electronic media.
- General Coordination of publicity for and media monitoring of NCF events.
- Develop media relations strategy, seeking high-level placements in print, broadcast and online media.
- Coordinate all public relations activities.
- To assist in the general coordination of publicity of all NCF events and projects.
- To place adverts in the newspapers.
- To source, compile and edit materials for NCF events and projects.
- To source, compile and edit materials for NCF publications for NCF monthly Electronics News Bulletin.
- To compile yearly Media Appreciation.
- To organise and coordinate media rounds.
- To work in collaboration with event and membership units on NCF events.
- To carry out general Media Relations.
- To find and develop a network outlet for sale and distribution of NCF publications.
B.Sc in Mass Communication or communication related course
M.Sc. will be an added advantage.
At least 5 years’ experience in journalism and media relations.
- Experience in acting as a company spokesperson; comfortable and skilled in both broadcast and print media interviews.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills.
- Solid experience with social media including blogs, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Event planning experience.
- Knowledge of and skills in programme communication networking, advocacy ad negotiation.
- Knowledge and experience in the methods of communication to clearly and concisely express ideas.
- Computer knowledge, skills ad practical experience, including internet navigation, network, telecommunications and various office applications.
Remuneration, terms and conditions:
Method of Application:
Suitable qualified candidates should send their applications together with their curriculum vitae on or before 11th December, 2015.
Nigerian Conservation Foundation,
Km. 19, Lagos-Epe Expressway,