The Nigerian Conservation Foundation (NCF) is currently seeking a Fundraising officer who will be responsible for developing and implementing fundraising strategies and activities to secure funds and resources necessary for the operation of the Foundation.
The candidate will function in the Membership and Fundraising Department as follows
Job Title (Position):
Senior Fundraising Officer
Classification: Senior Conservation Officer
Membership and Fundraising
Reporting To (Reporting
Head, Membership and Fundraising
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Development and implementation of a coordinated fundraising program.
- Planning for and managing of fundraising events and other events on the NCF annual calendar
- Handling donor acknowledgements and thank you letters.
- Identify donor prospects and research donor focus areas.
- Solicitations of corporate sponsors, financial gifts, and gift-in-kind donations.
- Interacting with donors and conducting donor meetings.
- Development of donor materials such as donation letters, proposals, presentations, and emails.
- Serves as an ambassador for the organization and promotes a positive image/ reputation of the Foundation
- Co‐ordinate and plan NCF events, and Network at events, programs and other informal settings to initiate fundraising via event sponsorship, corporate donation, project partnership etc.
- Assist the communications team with the production and management of in‐house marketing materials including proof reading and liaising with designers, printers e.t.c
- Contributes to long term departmental plans
- To identify Membership prospects & register a required number of members in all the membership categories monthly
- Provide other support to the Head of Department as required.
Key Organizational Relationships
- Reports to Head, Membership and Fundraising
- Regular status meeting with Membership & Fundraising Team mates
- Regular engagement with other departments
Skills and Attributes:
- Enthusiasm for communicating the Foundations areas of focus and information on environmental happenings in Nigeria & around the world to both private & public sector
- Strong written and verbal communications
- High level of initiative and motivation
- Creative, independent and hard-working
- Good representational skills and public-speaking.
- Initiative / innovative
- Knowledge Sharing.
- 5 years cognate experience in excellent relationship management and business development experience, and familiarity with managing a wide platform of private/public sector
- Experience in marketing communication
- Experienced partnership broker and/or negotiation skills with the private/public sector, organized groups and associations.
- Qualified to B.Sc. in Social sciences or equivalent qualification.
- Professional qualification will be an added advantage.
- Business English, written and verbal is essential
- Willingness and ability to travel nationally and on occasion, globally
Remuneration, terms and conditions:
Method of Application:
Suitable qualified candidates should send their applications together with their curriculum vitae on or before 11th December, 2015.
Nigerian Conservation Foundation,
Km. 19, Lagos-Epe Expressway,